According to the explanations provided by the Government of the Republic of Serbia, the amendments to the Planning and Construction Act aim to achieve the following main objectives:
- simplifying the process of obtaining building permits,
- incorporating new aspects of the “green agenda,” enhancing public responsibility in building documentation procedures,
- eliminating the conversion of construction costs for a specific public category,
- establishing specific legislation for linear infrastructure facilities (lex specialis), integrating the Agency for Spatial Planning and Urban Planning of the Republic of Serbia,
- expanding the entities authorized to provide location information,
- introducing a chief state urban planner,
- strengthening the protection of natural and cultural areas, and
- increasing the involvement of local authorities in planning and spatial development.
Detailed information on upcoming changes (in English and Serbian language) provided by JPM Partner Ivan Petrović can be found HERE.