Today, most finance disputes are heard by ordinary courts. This includes the flurry of disputes produced by the fallout of the financial crisis, many of which are still pending. The practice has shown that for a number of reasons, arbitration could offer a preferable alternative to resolve financial disputes. This will be further explored in the workshop.
The Finance & Arbitration Workshop will feature a keynote by Univ-Prof Dr Christian Koller from the University of Innsbruck, presentations from leading experts in the field, as well as an interactive workshop and panel discussion.
Other experts participating include:
- Elisabeth Vanas-Metzler, Deputy Secretary-General, Vienna International Arbitral Centre
- Shannon Lazzarini, Head of Group Litigation and Group Deputy General Counsel, UniCredit S.p.A., Milan
- Robert Němec, Partner, PRK Partners, Prague
- Péter Horvai-Hillenbrand, Partner, Oppenheim, Budapest
- Christian Büchelhofer, Senior Director, and Dennis Peter, Director, Alvarez & Marsal, Munich