JPM Associate Jelena Malešević attended Balkan School on Internet Governance, as one of 25 fellows selected from various stakeholder groups in Sarajevo, Olympic mountain Jahorina, Bosnia and Herzegovina from 21-25 August 2017.
The event was organized with the support of Council of Europe, DipoloFoundation, EurID, Internet Society (ISOC) and RIPE Network Coordination Center (RIPE NCC).BSIG agenda included topics related to various technical and legal aspects of internet governance, such as cybersecurity and privacy, cybercrime, freedom of expression & content policy and copyright.
- Octavian Șofransky, Coordinator at the Information Society Department, Council of Europe
- Frédéric Donck, Director, European Regional Bureau, Internet Society
- Vladimir Radunovic, Director of e-diplomacy and cybersecurity programmes, DiploFoundation
- Barbara Rosen Jacobson, Project and Research Associate, DiploFoundation
- Gorazd Božič, Head of Slovenian national Computer Emergency Response Team (SI-CERT)
- Maja Bogataj Jančič, Founder and director, Intellectual Property Institute
- Sebastien Pensis, International Relations Support Manager, EURid
- Ana Gascon Marcen, Professor of International Public Law and International Relations at the Faculty of Law, University of Zaragoz
As the first regional Internet Governance event, BSIG served as a learning forum on most pressing current issues of internet governance. BSIG facilitated in-depth learning from international and regional experts, whose lectures laid a solid foundation for the first regional ‘mapping document’, which will be produced by the attending fellows by late November 2017.